1. Scope of Applicability
The range of products of the ETH Store AG (merchandise with the ETH logo, stationery, books, services) can be acquired in the area of the ETH Zurich (partly also in the ITZ shop at the Toniareal Zurich) and temporarily at university events. Orders can be placed at any time in the online shop. The range of products is available to everyone. Whenever possible, the price policy of the ETH Store provides a beneficial internal price for students and members of the universities who can show their legitimation card at the purchase. In the online shop, after logging in with the ETH-login, you will be directed to the platform with the internal prices as long as your login permits authorization. Customers without special identification profit from equally attractive extern ETH Store prices. The general terms and conditions (henceforth referred to as “T&Cs”) of the ETH Store AG (henceforth referred to as “ETH Store”) apply to all products and services of the ETH Store (henceforth referred to as “products”). Any natural or juridical person that maintains business relations with the ETH Store is referred to as a customer.
The following T&Cs apply exclusively in the version effective at the time of your order. Deviating terms and conditions of the customer are not recognized by the ETH Store unless the ETH Store had explicitly agreed to their validity in writing.
2. Services and InformationThe product information for the products displayed in the online shop is compiled by the ETH Store as clearly as possible. As long as this is a matter of information provided by the manufacturer, the manufacturer’s information is decisive. The ETH Store strives to depict the manufacturer’s information correctly but cannot grant warranty for it.
3. Conclusion of ContractYour order represents an offer to us to conclude a contract of sale. A contract of sale will be concluded only when we send the ordered product to you or when you pick it up from us. Products from the same order that are not listed in the shipping confirmation will not be included in the contract of sale. Contracting party is the ETH Store AG. Not all products listed in the online shop are also in stock in the ETH Store points of sale.
4. Payment and DelayThe price indications in the ETH Store points of sale and the online shop include the value added tax and are stated in Swiss Francs. At the points of sale, payments can be made in cash or with debit and credit cards. The ETH Store offers institutional customers to request a customer card and to purchase on account. In the online shop, the customer undertakes to pay for the order with one of the provided payment options. Upon collection, payment in cash is possible. The ETH Store reserves the right to exclude customers from certain types of payment without the indication of any grounds. As long as a credit card purchase is concerned, the respective amount will be debited from the credit card account and the product will be shipped. Should the customer fall into delay of payment when paying per invoice, the ETH Store has the right to charge default interest of a maximum 5% above the base interest rate p.a. of the Swiss central bank. If the delay causes a verifiable higher damage to the ETH Store, the ETH Store is entitled to make it valid. The invoiced amount is due immediately upon the receipt of the invoice. Payment by sending cash or cheques is not possible. The customer is liable for loss.
5. ShipmentThe ordered products – if in stock – will immediately be forwarded to dispatch in 1 to 3 business days or be made available for collection in an ETH Store point of sale, respectively. Otherwise, a written order confirmation with the expected delivery date will be sent per e-mail. For deliveries within Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein the recipient pays a shipping fee of 10.- CHF including value added tax. At an order volume of 300.- CHF and higher, the shipping fee is included. For deliveries abroad, arising additional costs will be charged. Additional customs fees may be due in the country of destination. Those have to be paid by the customer.
6. DeliveryUnless otherwise agreed upon, the delivery is carried out from the storage location to the delivery address provided by the customer. The ordered products can only be sent to one address. If a partial delivery is necessary for an order, the shipping fee will be invoiced only once. The delivery of the product, including the case of a partial delivery, will be made at the expenses and risks of the customer. All indications regarding availability, shipping or delivery are merely estimated indications and approximate guiding values. Should the ETH Store notice that, during the processing of the order, your ordered products are not available, you will be informed separately via e-mail or telephone.
7. Reservation of OwnershipThe delivered products remain property of the ETH Store AG until full payment.
8. Right of Exchange and ReturnThe customer has no general right of return. Wrongly ordered products can only be returned after consultation and in consent. Changes required by customers are exceptional and can be granted at the discretion of the ETH Store. The possibility of cancelling orders depends on the product. Exchange and complaints can only be taken into account within 7 days of receipt of the products. Products reduced in price are excluded from exchange. The cancellation must be made in writing or by return of the unused products. The return is made at the customer’s expense. In the case of a return, a copy of the order documents must be enclosed or the original invoice must be provided, respectively. Products that were made to a customer’s specifications or were clearly tailored to personal wishes of the customer are excluded from the right of exchange. Postal and shipping fees will not be reimbursed. The resulting amount to your credit may be lowered due to additional expenses and costs for the ETH Store and can be reimbursed in the form of a voucher.
9. Right of Cancellation and Cancellation ConsequencesRight of Cancellation:The customer can rescind the contract within two weeks without specifying reasons either in written form (e.g. by letter or e-mail) or, if the item is delivered to the customer before the end of that time period, by returning the item. The time period begins with the receipt of this instruction in written form but not before the customer’s receipt of the product (in case of a repeated delivery of similar products not before the receipt of the first partial delivery), and not before the completion of the statutory duty to provide information. To comply with the time period, it is sufficient that the cancellation or the item be sent in good time.
Cancellation by returning the product shall be directed to:ETH Store AG, Leonhardstrasse 36, CH-8092 Zurich
Cancellation Consequences:In the case of an effective cancellation, the mutually received services are to be returned, including possible benefits and gains (such as interest or a usage fee for the item). If the customer is not able to return the services received in whole or in part to the ETH Store, the customer is obliged to reimburse the ETH Store the value. This does not apply to the surrender of items if the deterioration of the item can be traced back exclusively to its inspection that would have been available to the customer in the store. Other than that, the customer can avoid any obligation to reimburse the loss of value for the deterioration of the item caused by intended usage of the product (i.e. usage exclusively for the purpose for which the item was designed and intended) by not using the item like their property and refraining from usage that may result in loss of value. Items suitable for parcel shipping shall be returned at the customer’s risk. The customer shall bear the cost of the return if the delivered goods correspond to the goods ordered. Otherwise, the return is free of charge. The customer has to meet the obligations for the refund of payments within 30 days after sending the notice of cancellation. The time period begins with the posting of the notice of cancellation or the item; for the ETH Store, it begins with its receipt. The right of cancellation does not apply in the following cases:
- the delivery of goods that are produced to customers’ specifications and/or that have clearly been made according to personal requirements and/or goods that, due to their nature, are not suitable for a return and/or could spoil quickly and/or have passed their expiration date
- the delivery of audio or video recordings or software, once the delivered data carriers have been unsealed by the user
- the delivery of newspapers, magazines, and illustrated papers
10. LiabilityA general product liability is excluded.
11. Protection of PrivacyWhen collecting, processing, and using personal data, the terms of the Swiss Data Protection Law and the relevant legal regulations fully apply. The customer data received throughout the ordering process will be used exclusively for marketing purposes and market research purposes. Customer data will generally not be passed on to third parties. Only bodies entrusted with the execution of the order (such as the post office) will have access to the data absolutely necessary for them. The customer agrees to this usage of their data. In all other respects, the customer has the right to see the data stored about them or to request their deletion, and to interdict the use of their data for market research purposes.
12. Final Provisionsa. Applicable Law
In the case of disputes, exclusively Swiss law applies.
b. Place of Jurisdiction Place of jurisdiction is Zurich.
Summary of the delivery and shipping conditions of the ETH Store Unless otherwise agreed upon, the delivery is carried out from the storage location to the delivery address provided by the customer. The ordered products can only be sent to one address. If a partial delivery is necessary for an order, the shipping fee will be invoiced only once. The delivery of the product, including the case of a partial delivery, will be made at the expenses and risks of the customer.
The shipment is carried out by Switzerland’s Postal Services. The ordered products – if in stock – will immediately be forwarded to dispatch in 1 to 3 business days or be made available for collection in an ETH Store point of sale, respectively. Otherwise, a written order confirmation with the expected delivery date will be sent per e-mail. For deliveries within Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein the recipient pays a shipping fee of 10.- CHF including value added tax. At an order volume of 300.- CHF and higher, the shipping fee is included. For deliveries abroad, arising additional costs will be charged. Additional customs fees may be due in the country of destination. Those have to be paid by the customer.